component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      39
      Tuesday
      38 / 26
      Wednesday
      32 / 16
      Thursday
      19 / 11

      Amanda's Law starts Monday

      Starting Monday, a new law goes into effect requiring all residences in New York State to have carbon monoxide detectors. Amanda TMs Law is named for 16-year old Amanda Hansen of West Seneca. She died last January from carbon monoxide poisoning after a defective boiler at a home where she was spending the night leaked the gas.

      Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas, which is highly toxic to humans and animals. It is known as CO. CO can kill you before you are aware it is in your home. At lower levels of exposure, CO causes mild effects that can be mistaken for the flu. Symptoms include headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea and fatigue. These symptoms can vary from person to person depending on age, health and the concentration and length of exposure to carbon monoxide.

      For more information on Carbon Monoxide click here

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER