72
      Thursday
      87 / 66
      Friday
      84 / 62
      Saturday
      82 / 62

      Common Council approves sales tax plan

      The Syracuse Common Council unanimously approved the sales tax agreement with Onondaga County in a special session Wednesday afternoon.

      Councilors gave their approval to a two-part agreement, essentially ratifying the sales tax pact the Onondaga County Legislature approved earlier this month.

      The ten year sales tax distribution formula allows the county to get 75% of the sales tax, and the city gets the remaining 25%.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER