Emergency crews were called to a fire at a Mattydale business at about 4 pm Wednesday.
There was an incident that took place inside a solvent petroleum service company building in Mattydale on Route 11.
According to Phil Jakes-Johnson, the building where this occurred recycled glycol or used anti-freeze.
Jakes-Johnson says a welder was working inside the building at the time and a spark likely caused the incident.
According to Mattydale Fire Chief Brian Falise, the welder suffered burns and injuries from a fall and has been taken to a hospital. The injuries do not appear to be serious, according to a statement released by Solvents and Petroleum Service.
â??This afternoon at approximately 4pm, a private contractor working at our facility was injured. Emergency services were immediately contacted in accordance with SPS safety protocol and the contractor was quickly taken to Upstate University Hospital to receive treatment for his non-life threatening injuries."
The facility had some minor damage, but will remain open, according to the SPS statement.
"We are in contact with the contractorâ??s family as he begins his recovery and are working cooperatively with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to determine the events leading up to todayâ??s accident. Early reports from OSHA confirm that no explosion took place," an SPS spokesperson says. "We thank the Mattydale Fire Department, Liverpool Fire Department and members of the North Area Volunteer Ambulance Corps for their quick and professional response to todayâ??s incident.â??