Crews quickly douse fire at home on Ash Street in Syracuse

Scene of the fire on Ash Street.

A fire broke out at a home on Ash Street Wednesday, but the family was able to get out safely.

The flames broke out at about 11:30 am in the home at 706 Ash Street, according to Syracuse Fire officials.

The fire started in a corner of the basement, but crews were able to keep it from spreading to the rest of the home.

The fire only did minor damage, according to officials, and the family will still be able to live there.

No one was hurt in the fire, which is still under investigation.