Cuomo outlined the panel Tuesday morning at the state capitol.
Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick is expected to be a part of the committee.
Cuomo announced his attentions two weeks ago after abandoning efforts this year at legislative reforms. That followed federal bribery and embezzlement charges filed against several state lawmakers.
The committee, established under New York's anti-corruption Moreland Act, will have subpoena power and go after the influence of campaign contributions.
Similar panels ordered by governors over decades have resulted in lengthy corruption probes and arrests.
The commission is chaired by Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice, Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick.
The members of the Moreland Commission:
- Kathleen Rice, Nassau County district attorney
- William Fitzpatrick, Onondaga County district attorney
- Milton Williams Jr., lawyer in the firm of Vladeck, Waldman, Elias & Engelhard
- J. Patrick Barrett, CEO of CARPAT Investments
- Richard Briffault, professor of legislation at Columbia Law School
- Daniel Castleman, a senior managing director in the Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice at FTI Consulting
- Derek Champagne, Franklin County district attorney
- Eric Corngold, leads the white-collar criminal defense and investigations practice of the law firm Friedman Kaplan Seiler & Adelman, LLP
- Kathleen Hogan, Warren County district attorney
- Nancy Hoppock, executive director of the New York University Center on the Administration of Criminal Law
- Seymour James Jr., attorney-in-charge of the criminal practice of The Legal Aid Society in New York City
- David Javdan, managing director with Alvarez & Marsal
- Robert Johnson, Bronx County district attorney
- David Jones, president and CEO of the Community Service Society of New York
- Lance Liebman, professor of law at Columbia Law School
- Joanne Mahoney, Onondaga County executive
- Gerald Mollen, Broome County district attorney
- Makau Mutua, dean of SUNY Buffalo Law School
- Benito Romano, partner at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Frank Sedita III, Erie County district attorney
- P. David Soares, Albany County district attorney
- Kristy Sprague, Essex County district attorney
- Betty Weinberg Ellerin, senior counsel at the law firm Alston & Bird
- Peter Zimroth, partner at Arnold & Porter
- Thomas Zugibe, Rockland County district attorney
- Joseph D'Amico, New York State Police superintendent
- Raymond Kelly, New York City police commissioner
- Robert Morgenthau, former New York County district attorney
- Barbara Bartoletti, legislative director for the League of Women Voters
- Regina Calcaterra, executive director
- Danya Perry, chief of investigations
- Kelly Donovan, chief counsel
- John Amodeo, legislative director