Early morning fire hits Syracuse apartment building

Fire early Saturday morning on Syracuse's Kinne St. is blamed on a furnace problem

An early morning apartment fire in Syracuse left lots of residents evacuated early Saturday morning, but they're being allowed back in because damage is minor.

The fire was reported after 4am at a six-unit apartment building on Kinne Street, off Teall Avenue just north of Henninger High School in Syracuse. There were no serious injuries and firefighters got the flames out, quickly.

The Red Cross did respond, but reports that residents will be back home after power is restored.

This is the third multi-family residential fire that the Disaster Action Team has been called out to, in Syracuse, in the past seven days.

Police at the scene tell us a basement furnace problem is to blame, though the investigation continues.