The Ithaca Fire Department responded to the Viva Taqueria restaurant at 101 N. Aurora Street at about 10:15 pm Friday after employees reported seeing smoke coming out of the walls.
Fire crews were assisted by Ithaca Police as they evacuated the building.
Crews removed part of the wall and found a small fire smoldering. Fire fighters had to remove part of the wall and floor to put the fire out. The fire was under control in less than 30 minutes, according to officials. There were no injuries, but the temperature outside as crews were working was reportedly -12. Viva Taqueria was due to reopen Saturday.