Fire breaks out at home on Syracuseâ??s south side

A fire broke out at a home at 234 Hunt Avenue on Syracuse's south side around 1:00 p.m.

The home is located on Hunt Avenue between Elmhurst Avenue and West Colvin Street.

The family of seven that lived there are temporarily homeless. They're getting help from the Disaster Action Team of the American Red Cross. The two adults and their five daughters have been supplied with food, blankets, clothes, shoes and comfort kits. They've also been provided with rooms at a hotel for three nights, and referrals to local agencies for long-term assistance.

When crews arrived at the home Tuesday afternoon, they say fire was coming out the windows on the first floor. They were able to get it under control quickly.

Officials say no one was home at the time and no one was injured.