A fire at a vacant structure on the corner of Grant Blvd. and Butternut Street had the Syracuse Fire Dept. battling flames and the elements for about 30 minutes on Sunday.
Deputy Chief Steve Cavuto tells us that the fire started outside the structure, and spread into the vacant house.
The cause of the fire was not immediately clear.
Nobody was injured, and while the structure needs some repair it is not considered to be a total loss.
Certainly, when temperatures rise into the 90's like they are today, it can make battling fires that much more difficult. Deputy Chief Cavuto says the department takes measures to ensure the safety of its brave men and women.
"We try to keep them indoors as much as possible, we try to keep them watered up (hydrated) and we make sure to rotate them as much as possible" said Cavuto.