44 / 23
      42 / 32
      49 / 41

      Food poisoning outbreak at Twin Trees Too in Syracuse

      A Syracuse restaurant re-opened Wednesday evening after dozens of people reportedly got sick after eating there.

      The Twin Trees Too restaurant on Milton Avenue underwent a top-to-bottom cleaning due to a large food poisoning outbreak among its customers.

      The Onondaga County Health Department said 95 people who ate at the Twin Trees Too last weekend of February have contracted a norovirus, or stomach bug.

      Onondaga County Health Department investigators suspect that the people who got sick contracted a stomach bug that causes vomiting and diarrhea. Health Commissioner Dr. Cynthia Morrow says investigators believe the antipasto and salad were the contaminated foods.

      Restaurant manager Michael Poirier told CNY Central the resturant worked closely with the Health Department and took extra precaustions to make sure customers are able to continue enjoying their dining experience at Twin Trees Too.

      The stomach bug is circulating widely in the community. If you develop symptoms of the illness, you should wash your hands and stay home for 48 hours after symptoms have gone away.

      The department is still awaiting test results.

      The restaurant is voluntarily closing for part of Wednesday so a professional cleaning service can conduct a thorough cleaning. The eatery is expected to reopen for business by 5 p.m. Wednesday.

      (Information from the Assocatied Press was used in this report.)