79
      Friday
      84 / 64
      Saturday
      85 / 65
      Sunday
      86 / 65

      Home bursts into fire in Auburn

      House is put out after catching fire.

      A fire destroyed a home in Auburn this evening. It started around 5:30 at 100 Lansing St. Both of the adults inside the two family home made it out unharmed, but officials did have challenges putting out the blaze.

      Jeff Dygert is the Auburn Fire Department Chief. "While they were making the push we ended up running out of water -- we had a fire hydrant that was frozen in front of the structure, so we had to go to the next hydrants down the street. One's about 500 feet the other direction the other the other one's about a thousand feet down the other way, so it took us a while to establish that water supply," says Dygert.

      Officials are still working to figure out what sparked the blaze.