Level 3 sex offender arrested for exposure near Pine Grove Middle School

A Level 3 sex offender was arrested Thursday morning after police say he exposed himself and urinated near Pine Grove Middle School in East Syracuse.

Town of Manlius Police say Terry L. Jandrew, 56, of Lodi Street in Syracuse, was arrested after the incident near the access road to Pine Grove Middle School.

An employee in the school recognized Jandrew, as the district has had other issues with him in the past. That individual called police. The responding officer, who was stationed across the street at the East-Syracuse Minoa High School, arrived to find Jandrew urinating on the property.

Jandrew was taken into custody and charged with exposure of a person and trespass, both violations.

Police say there were no children involved in this incident. If there had been, police say Jandrew would have been charged with a lewd act.

The East Syracuse Minoa School District has been granted an order of protection barring Jandrew from all district owned properties. Police say a previous order of protection, granted in 2011, had expired in 2012.

The district sent a letter to parents notifying them of the situation and reminding them to talk to their children about safety and not talking to strangers.

In October of 2011 Jandrew was arrested for loitering near school property. He was seen near ESM district offices and Woodland Elementary School several times in September of 2011. Because of a prior conviction, Jandrew is not allowed to be in those areas.

When he was arrested in October 2011, he was also charged with assault for kicking a police officer . He spent a year in the Onondaga County Jail as a result.

In 1995, Jandrew was arrested in Syracuse, charged with sexual abuse for having sexual contact with a 6-year-old boy.

Level 3 sex offenders are considered most likely to re-offend. You can check for sex offenders in your area by visiting the New York State's Sex Offender Registry.

Jandrew was released on his own recognizance for Thursday's incident and is due back in court Thursday, July 18th.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off