Madison County trailer fire kills 90-year-old woman and her pets

The fire scene early Monday morning.

The Madison County Sheriffâ??s Office is investigating a trailer fire that killed an elderly woman along with her dogs and cats.

Around 10:50 Sunday night deputies and firefighters were called to a fire at 3536 Cottons Road in Lincoln. Police say several fire and ambulance crews responded to the scene.

Deputies say a 90-year-old woman lived alone at the home and was killed in the fire, along with several pets. Her name has not been released, pending notification of family members.

Investigators on the scene say the fire started in the back of the single-wide mobile home, and the use of electric space heaters and an electric blanket on the same circuit appears to be the cause.

An autopsy will be performed by the Onondaga County Medical Examinerâ??s Office on Monday afternoon to determine an exact cause of death.