63
      Sunday
      83 / 63
      Monday
      85 / 66
      Tuesday
      86 / 68

      Major fire breaks out at Delaware Street home

      Delaware Street fire
      Syracuse firefighters were dealing with a smoky situation after a fire tore through a home at 576 Delaware Street Thursday afternoon.

      It happened around 1:00, just a block away from Delaware Elementary School.

      According to Syracuse Fire Chief Mark McLees, firefighters could not get inside the home because of intense heat and smoke inside the building.

      Investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen, but have not been able to identify a cause yet.

      Two women live inside the building and both were able to get out safely. No one was injured fighting the flames.

      The Red Cross says its Disaster Action Team provided assistance to two adults displaced by the fire.