Massachusetts home of Michael Carter-Williams burns during game against Cal

Michael Carter-Williams

While Michael Carter-Williams was busy helping the Orange secure a bid to go to Washington D.C. and play in the Sweet Sixteen, his home in Hamilton, Massachusetts went up in flames as his family watched him play.

There were no reported injuries in the fire.

Hamilton, Massachusetts Firefighters responded to the fire, which they say started in an â??outside wood stoveâ?? at the Cutler Road home.

When they arrived, firefighters reportedly saw smoke with heavy fire in the attic and around the chimney area. The heavy fire and smoke gave firefighters â??extreme difficultiesâ?? when they were trying to fight the blaze.

Twice firefighters were evacuated from the building, as the flames were out of control and needed to be fought from the outside.

It took fire crews over two and a half hours to get the blaze under control, according to the Hamilton Fire Department. The fire started at around 10:15 pm and was declared â??under controlâ?? at 12:50 am, according to Hamilton Fire Department. The three alarm fire required companies from seven nearby towns to help Hamilton crews douse the blaze.

"Thanks for the prayers everyone all thats important to me is my family is okay," Cater-Williams


Sunday morning.

WCVB in Boston has the story, and you can read the full article