Money is another reason to not drink and drive
Mon, 31 Dec 2012 23:27:50 GMT —
Youhttp://buzzeddriving.adcouncil.org/'ve heard all the appeals to not drink and drive, now look at the math. It just does not make dollars and sense to drive drunk, or even buzzed:
Total Cost of a DUI
There are quite a few expenses associated with a DUI arrest. Go Banking Rates investigated the charges a first-time offender can expect to pay (an accident or repeat offense increases these numbers significantly) and found the following to be typical expenses:
- Bail: $500-$2,500.
- Towing and Storage: $100 and up.
- Legal Fees: $2,500 and up.
- Fines: $2,500.
- Alcohol Education Program: $1,500-$2,500.
- License Reinstatement: $100-$500.
- Insurance hike: $1,500 to $2,000 extra per year for 3-5 years.
And, there's a lot more information on drunk/buzzed driving here: http://buzzeddriving.adcouncil.org/
Have fun this New Year's...but please be safe, too