We first told you about him, as a Red Cross Real Hero in December. On Tuesday, furnace repairman Carl Harvey was in Washington, DC to be recognized by a new federal initiative to make homes healthier and greener.
Carl Harvey works for the Cayuga-Seneca Action Agency, and was at a call in Locke to help a woman who was on oxygen and mysteriously ill. He recognized the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, and found the source, a plugged pipe in a water heater.
In Washington, he was recognized as the example of outreach, in the line of duty, that keeps homeowners safer.