Mon, 30 Apr 2012 14:22:06 GMT — Firefighters were on the scene of a fatal apartment fire Monday morning.Syracuse Fire Chief Mark McLees says one adult male was found in the bathroom at a Grant Village apartment.Multiple calls came into 911 around 9:24am reporting a fire at 102 Village Drive.Thatâ??s just off Grant Boulevard between Teall Avenue and James Street in Syracuse.McLees tells us that a retired fire chief who lives just a couple of blocks away made the first call.The former chief got into the apartment, but could only make it as far as the kitchen because of intense smoke and heat.Police have not identified the victim as they try to notify family members.Chief McLees says the victim was likely killed by the intense smoke, although burns were also found on the victim's body.Investigators are trying to figure out where the fire started and how it was sparked.
This stations Social Feeds are currently unavailable
This stations Twitter Social Feed is currently unavailable
This stations Facebook Social Feed is currently unavailable
WSTM WSTQ WTVH provide up to the minute news, sports, weather and community notices to Syracuse and surrounding communities, including North Syracuse, East Syracuse, Liverpool, Baldwinsville, Jordan, Weedsport, Auburn, Melrose Park, Skaneateles, Marietta, Lafayette, Pompey, Fayetteville Sherrill and Utica, New York.