Fire broke out in an Oswego home Monday night, badly damaging the basement and first floor, fire investigators say.
The Oswego Fire Department was called to 144 West Seneca Street at about 9:58 Monday night. When they arrived, firefighters saw smoke billowing from the basement, with an active fire near the electrical box.
Firefighters went into the basement and found the main electrical panel to the home was arching and on fire. Fire crews say the home was unoccupied.
Crews had to wait until National Grid shut off the power to fight the fire. Once the power was off, crews quickly doused the flames. Firefighters were on the scene until about 2am Tuesday, making sure the blaze was completely extinguished.
There were no reported injuries.