Police have announced the cause of death of the three people killed in a fire in New Hartford over the weekend.
New Hartford Police say 21-year-old Jennifer Moore, 7-year-old Joshua Morinitti and 3-year-old Jordan Morinitti died from â??smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide toxicity due to residential fire.â?? All three were killed when their home at 11 Osborn Avenue caught fire after an electrical appliance failed.
The fire, which started in the northeast corner of the residence, spread quickly and trapped the three victims inside. Moore was found deceased in the cellar, while the two children were located in a rear bedroom. Five others who were in the home at the time were able to make it out safely.
Crews fought the fire for four hours on Saturday before bringing it under control around 3:00 p.m.