Real Hero: 8-year old saves mother from choking
Thu, 20 Dec 2012 17:06:35 GMT —
Austin Blance, from Volney, was home sick from school, and his mother is alive as a result.
Kara Oâ??Neil collapsed, and when Austin realized she was not breathing, he started CPR and mouth to mouth resuscitation. He also called 911 for an ambulance.
State Police came to take over the rescue, and got Austinâ??s mother to the hospital, and recovered from the seizure, caused by an ecoli infection.
Austin, the Youth Good Samaritan award winner, was given a junior trooper badge by the State Police. He learned the basics of CPR by watching tv, but the Red Cross urges everyone to take a basic lifesaving course, because you never know when it might be needed.