Red Cross opening shelter at SRC Arena for people affected by floods, cold
TOWN OF ONONDAGA, N.Y. —
The Central New York Chapter of the American Red Cross says it's opening a shelter at SRC Arena on the campus of Onondaga Community College Saturday evening for people affected by flooding, power outages and other winter storm issues.
The Red Cross says people affected by these incidents will be welcome to stay at the shelter at 4585 W. Seneca Turnpike starting at 6 p.m.
Anyone evacuating to the shelter is asked to bring the following for each member of their family:
- Prescriptions and emergency medications
- Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
- Extra clothing, hygiene supplies and other comfort items
- Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula and toys
- Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
- Chargers for any electronic devices you bring with you
- Books, games and other ways to entertain your family and yourself
For more information on the shelter, you can call the Red Cross at 315-234-2200.