A number of road work projects get underway in the Syracuse area Monday.
· 690 Westbound Ramp to West Street is still closed. Drivers will be detoured to the Geddes Street exit.
· The bridge over Onondaga Creek on Erie Boulevard West will be reduced to one lane in each direction. The ramp to West Street will be closed.
· West Fayette Street through the Connective Corridor. Westbound traffic on Fayette Street will be detoured at South Salina Street, north to Washington Street, west to Franklin Street, south to Walton Street and continue to West Fayette Street. Eastbound traffic will be maintained throughout.
· Westbound traffic on East Genesee Street will be detoured for the Connective Corridor Project between Townsend Street and State Street. Eastbound traffic will be maintained throughout.
· West Genesee Street will be down to one lane in both directions between West Fayette Street and State Fair Blvd as National Grid relocates a gas main.
· East Washington Street will be closed between Forman Avenue and Almond Street for the county's green infrastructure project. Eastbound and westbound traffic will be detoured north to Water Street and return south back to Washington Street.
· 690 eastbound ramp to West Genesee Street is closed. All traffic will detour onto South West Street to the Erie Boulevard West ramp, continue north on Plum Street back to intersection with West Genesee Street.
· Erie Boulevard East from Teall Avenue to Beech Street will have lane restrictions and detours in place for reconstruction work between 7 A.M. and 3 P.M. Daily for 3-4 weeks. Expect delays.
Details about these projects, including detour route maps, can be found at the newly launchedcCity of Syracuse roadwork webpage.