56 / 43
      60 / 47
      55 / 36

      Schumer calls for investigation into dangerous metal grill brushes

      A new danger at your home. There's something you should be paying attention to if you love to grill.

      The Journal of the American Roentgen Ray Society documented several cases where metal brush pieces broke off, and fell into the food being cooked.

      The metal bristles can be accidentally eaten by people and do serious damage to the body.

      Senator Charles Schumer wants the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Food and Drug Administration to launch an investigation into the safety of metal grill brushes.

      According to the journal report, there have been 6 documented cases in Rhode Island and one case was discovered in new jersey where surgery was needed.

      The metal can do serious damage to intestines, stomach lining and even the throat area.

      Senator Schumer sent a letter to the heads of both agencies about the issue.