A severe thunderstorm WARNING is in effect for Wayne and northwestern Cayuga counties until 7:45 am.A severe thunderstorm warning means that there is imminent danger for large hail, damaging winds, lightning and torrential rain in the path of the strongest part of the storm. You should seek shelter immediately.If your area has a severe thunderstorm warning, here is what you should do:-- If you are outdoors, get inside your home, a strong building, or in your car. If there is no building nearby, your best protection is in a cave or ditch. Boaters should head to shore immediately.-- When indoors, go to an interior room on the lowest level. Stay away from windows and doors. Do not use electrical appliances. Do not use the telephone, except in an emergency.-- If you are driving, pull over to the side of the road until the storm passes. Heavy rain with any thunderstorm can flood roads quickly. Never try to drive through an area where water covers the road, even if you think it is shallow. This water may sweep your vehicle away.Stay updated with this storm with these links:-- Interactive Doppler Radar:-- Triple Doppler Radar: -- Lightning Strikes-- Watches/Warnings: (Make sure to hit the 'F5' key to refresh the page.)-- Follow CNY Central Meteorologists on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CNYcentral/cnycentralweather If you see a severe weather, damaging winds, hail, or flooding, please let us know on Facebook or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.Here is detailed information on this warning from the National Weather Service:BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTEDSEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BUFFALO NY649 AM EDT THU MAY 22 2014
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO HAS ISSUED A
* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR... NORTHWESTERN CAYUGA COUNTY IN CENTRAL NEW YORK WAYNE COUNTY IN WESTERN NEW YORK
* UNTIL 745 AM EDT
* AT 646 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL...AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THESE STORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM 17 MILES WEST OF WILLIAMSON TO SODUS TO 5 MILES SOUTH OF CLYDE TO 24 MILES SOUTH OF LYONS...AND MOVING EAST AT 20 MPH.
* SOME LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE... WEEDSPORT... CATO... VICTORY... CONQUEST... FAIR HAVEN... WOLCOTT... SODUS BAY...
IN ADDITION TO LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS...CONTINUOUS CLOUD TOGROUND LIGHTNING IS OCCURRING WITH THESE STORMS. MOVE INDOORSIMMEDIATELY! LIGHTNING IS ONE OF NATURES NUMBER ONE KILLERS.REMEMBER...IF YOU CAN HEAR THUNDER...YOU ARE CLOSE ENOUGH TO BESTRUCK BY LIGHTNING.
BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTEDSPECIAL MARINE WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BUFFALO NY649 AM EDT THU MAY 22 2014
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A
* SPECIAL MARINE WARNING FOR... LAKE ONTARIO FROM IRONDEQUOIT BAY TO FAIR HAVEN
* UNTIL 745 AM EDT
* AT 642 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A THUNDERSTORM...PRODUCING STRONG WINDS OVER 35 KNOTS... ABOUT 5 NM NORTHEAST OF IRONDEQUOIT BAY...MOVING EAST AT 20 KNOTS.
* THIS STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL BE NEAR... THE GINNA POWER PLANT... PULTNEYVILLE... SODUS BAY...
ALL MARINE INTERESTS SHOULD REMAIN ALERT AND SMALL BOATS TAKE SHELTERIMMEDIATELY.