Syracuse Burger King franchise sued over scalding-hot coffee-spill
Thu, 16 Jan 2014 18:57:10 GMT —
A Syracuse woman that claims she was burned by scalding-hot coffee at a Burger King drive-through window back in 2009 is taking the franchise owner to court.
Samara Frazier was getting coffee early one February morning when she claims the loose lid caused the drink to spill on her lap, groin and thighs, and caused first and second-degree burns.
Her case against Carrols Corp. is headed to trial before the state Supreme Court in March for $225,000. Frazier's attorney says that the coffee was served at the industry standard, but that temperature is incredibly hot, reportedly reaching 180 degrees.
Frazier's attorney declined to comment. An attorney for Carrols Corp. also declined comment, citing the pending litigation.