67
      Tuesday
      86 / 66
      Wednesday
      89 / 68
      Thursday
      85 / 64

      Syracuse Fire Department uses 500 feet of hose to put out fire

      An apartment in the James Park East apartment building at 915 James Street caught fire Friday morning in Syracuse.

      The fire started started in a basement apartment and then the smoke spread through the hallways.

      The Syracuse Fire Department arrived and put out the fire in three minutes.

      Fire officials said they faced the challenge; there was a long driveway at the apartment building. They had to use 500 feet of hose.

      The residents of the basement apartment will not be able to return today due to smoke and fire damage. Other residents in the building will be able to return today.

      There were no injuries.