The City of Syracuse has released its roadwork schedule for this week. Here is what you need to be aware of when driving around the city:
- 690 Westbound Ramp to West Street. This NYSDOT project will detour vehicles to the Geddes Street exit, proceed south on Geddes Street and proceed east to West Street via West Genesee Street or Erie Blvd. West.
- Erie Boulevard West Bridge over Onondaga Creek. This City of Syracuse project will have lanes reduced to one way in each direction. Although these travel lanes will be maintained, the ramp to West Street will be closed.
- Connective Corridor on West Fayette Street. This City of Syracuse project will detour westbound traffic on Fayette Street at South Salina Street; north to Washington Street, west to Franklin Street, south to Walton Street and continue to West Fayette Street. Eastbound traffic will be maintained throughout.
- Connective Corridor East Project. This project will detour westbound traffic on East Genesee Street between Townsend Street and State Street. Westbound traffic will be detoured at Townsend Street, north to Fayette Street, west to State Street and south back to the East Genesee Street intersection. Eastbound traffic will be maintained throughout.
- West Genesee Street project between West Fayette Street and State Fair Boulevard. This phase of the project is a National Grid gas main relocation. Travel lanes will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
- East Washington Street. This County led, Green Infrastructure project will close East Washington Street between Forman Avenue and Almond Street. Eastbound and westbound traffic will be detoured north to Water St. and return south back to Washington Street.
- 690 Eastbound Ramp closure to West Genesee Street. This NYSDOT project will detour traffic onto S. West Street, to the Erie Blvd West ramp, continue north on Plum Street back to intersection with West Genesee Street.
- Erie Boulevard East. This City led project will include lane reductions on Erie Boulevard East between Beech Street and Teall Ave.
- West Street. This City led project will include lane reductions on West Street between W. Fayette St. and W. Onondaga St.