85
      Friday
      84 / 62
      Saturday
      85 / 65
      Sunday
      86 / 65

      Three left homeless after Clay fire, sparked by gas can

      Three people are homeless after a fire destroyed their home in Clay.

      The fire happened on Oak Orchard Road at about 5:30 p.m. on Sunday.

      According to investigators, it was sparked by a gas can that was on the back porch.

      The blaze was fought by two and a half hours by firefighters from five departments. Firefighters say that it took so long to battle the fire due to trees that surrounded the home.

      Nobody was home at the time and the Red Cross is now taking care of the three people who lived in the home.