42 / 30
      49 / 41
      46 / 33

      Three sent to hospital after Oswego house fire

      The Oswego Fire Department says it responded to a house fire at 195 West 8th Street after the call came in at 1:05 a.m. Thursday morning.

      The fire was started by unattended food left on the stove, according to the Oswego Fire Department.

      The fire was reported by the next door neighbor.

      Officials say the crews that were first to arrive encountered flames and smoke coming from the downstairs rear of the house.

      The resident of the home, along with a pet dog, got out of the house before the fire department arrived.

      Crews attacked the fire from the inside of the home but were called out after twenty minutes because part of the roof had collapsed. After that, the crews attacked the blaze from outside the home. Officials say it took about 45 minutes to get the fire under control. The home suffered severe fire, smoke and water damage.

      The occupant of the home was taken to Oswego Hospital. His condition is unknown at this time.

      The homes on each side of 195 West 8th Street were evacuated due to close proximity to the fire . Officials say two of the neighbors were taken to Oswego Hospital for shelter and returned to their home about 2 hours later.