The closure of westbound I-690 bridges over Onondaga Creek is now expected to re-open at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 3, five days later than originally expected.
The Department of Transportation originally expected the bridges to re-open on Friday, June 28, after replacing the bridgesâ?? concrete decks.
The DOT says the delay is due to the late arrival of a large crane, which will lift pre-cast slabs onto the bridge. The crane arrived Thursday morning and began work.
The following Westbound I-690 closures are in effect during construction:
- Westbound lanes between the ramp to northbound I-81 and West Street;
- The exit ramps to West Street and Geddes Street will not be accessible from westbound I-690;
- The ramp from northbound I-81 to westbound I-690 will be closed;
- The Pearl Street on-ramp to northbound I-81 will be closed;
- The ramp from northbound West Street to westbound I-690 will remain open;
A detour using city streets will be in place during portions of the construction on the westbound bridge over North Salina Street.