Syracuse firefighters arrived at a house fire within 3 minutes of the alarm on Friday night, and a short time after that, searchers found two men, unresponsive, just inside the home's front door.
Syracuse Fire Chief Paul Linnertz says the two were burned, and had no pulse. One was taken to Upstate University Hospital, the other to Crouse.
The fire was at 117 Lynch Street, near the Post Office on Syracuse's Teall Avenue. It was reported just after 11:15pm Friday night, in the two and a half storey wood frame house.
Both the Syracuse Fire Department and the Syracuse Police Department are continuing the investigation on Saturday morning.