Watertown father admits smashing up head shop after son's overdose on bath salts
Tue, 26 Feb 2013 13:30:11 GMT —
A northern New York man has admitted to using a baseball bat to smash up a head shop after his son overdosed on bath salts sold at the store.
The Post-Standard of Syracuse reports that 49-year-old Dan Avery of Watertown recently pleaded guilty to criminal mischief for breaking a glass countertop and merchandise at Tebb's Headshop in his hometown.
Avery says he went to the shop in July after his 24-year-old son was hospitalized when he overdosed on bath salts the son bought at Tebb's. Avery says he "just went crazy" after the clerk showed him the products and how to use them.
Avery was sentenced last Friday to a one-year conditional discharge and ordered to pay $638 in restitution for the damage he caused.