MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

'We're all grieving': Family of suspect in deadly crash issues statement

Anthony Saccone faces charges of leaving the scene of a deadly accident and DWI for a crash that claimed the lives of three people. (New York State Police)

The family of a man accused of drunkenly causing a crash that claimed the lives of three people early Friday morning in the Town of Onondaga is offering its condolences.

In a statement to CNYCentral Friday evening, a member of Anthony Saccone's family said:

At this time my family and I wish to pass along our condolences to the families of Baylie, Michael, and Samra in today's tragic event. We would like to thank those who have reached out during this time of difficulty, however, we will not be granting any interviews or putting any attention on our family as the focus should be on the loved ones of the lives lost, thank you.

The family member went on to say:

Our family would like to express its deepest sympathy during this terrible time.

We're all grieving.

Saccone faces charges of leaving the scene of a deadly accident and DWI for the early morning crash that claimed the lives of three people.

RELATED | Three with ties to OCC killed in crash; driver who fled scene facing charges

The victims pronounced dead at the scene were:

  • 19-year-old Baylie Rose, a former Onondaga Community College student who was driving a car allegedly struck by Saccone
  • 18-year-old Michael Walker, an OCC student majoring in Business Administration who was riding in the passenger seat
  • 20-year-old Samra Osmanovic, an OCC student majoring in Human Services who was riding in the back seat


State police say Saccone fled the scene after the SUV he was driving ran through a red light and t-boned the car the victims were riding in.

He was found at his mother's house, questioned and taken into custody, state police said.

OCC said grief counselors on campus are available for anyone who needs them.

SEE ALSO | 'This is our worst fear': OCC grieves loss of students killed in crash

The North Syracuse Central School District said Friday that all three victims had also previously attended schools within its district. The district said the Cicero-North Syracuse High School will open Saturday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. to make counselors available.

“We are deeply saddened by this tragic event that has touched many throughout our community. Our thoughts are with the families at this difficult time.” - Superintendent of Schools Annette Speach


close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending