71
      Sunday
      83 / 64
      Monday
      85 / 66
      Tuesday
      86 / 68

      Boston officials say over 150 injured in bombings, no unexploded devices found

      S.W.A.T. teams currently stationed outside most of the hotels just outside of Copley Square.
      Officials in Boston updated the public on the deadly bombings at a news conference Tuesday morning.

      Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick says no unexploded bombs were found at the Boston Marathon. He says the only explosives were the ones that went off Monday, killing three and injuring more than 150, some gravely. The bombs contained shrapnel.

      Police Commissioner Edward Davis says there have been 176 injuries, 17 of which are critical, and three fatal.

      FBI Special Agent in Charge Rick DesLauriers says the FBI??s mission is to "bring to justice those responsible" for the attack. "We will go to the ends of the earth" to find those responsible, he said.

      Deslauriers says the investigation is active and ongoing investigation. He says there are no known additional threats in Boston.

      Deslauriers would not comment on the specific devices or any persons of interest.

      Officials say no one is in custody at this time. A hospital patient who had been questioned by police was not in custody.

      Officials asked for public for cooperation as they conduct interviews and investigate at the crime screen and across the city.

      Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis says the crime scene is the most complex crime scene in the history of the Boston Police Department.

      Davis says police are working to collect surveillance video from the area. He says there is a lot of video and they intend to go through every frame. He says it??s one of the most photographed areas of the country.

      Authorities are also looking for amateur video and photographic evidence that can give clues to who set off the bombs.

      Davis says he wants people to go about their lives and business, but to remain vigilant and avoid the Copley area for now.

      Officials say there will be continued heightened police presence in the coming days. Governor Patrick asks residents to remain vigilant and report anything suspicious.

      "This tragedy but Boston is a strong city," Boston Mayor Thomas Menino said. "If we pull together, we??ll get through it."

      President Barack Obama, speaking from the White House after a briefing by his national security team Tuesday, said the explosions at the Boston Marathon are being investigated as an act of terror, although authorities still don't know who is responsible.

      (Information from the Associated Press used in this article.)