High School basketball quarterfinals lighting up gyms all over Central New York
Wed, 20 Feb 2013 04:13:08 GMT —
And then there was four.
After tonight's boys and girls high school hoops games, there's just four teams left in each class.
In Class AA the four are Fayetteville-Manlius, Henninger, West Genesee and Utica Proctor.
Top-seeded F-M advanced by downing rival CBA 82-43. The Hornets were on fire throughout and it was just one of those games that Head Coach Tom Blackford couldn't really explain.
"Practice our shooting every night. Each kid has taken about 3,000 shots this year we really chart our shooting, so, it's surprising we made that many shots in a row but that was pretty good" said Blackford.
Here's a look at the Class AA scores:
(1) F-M 82 def. (9) CBA 43
(4) Utica Proctor 43 def. (5) C-NS 41
(6) West Genesee 73 def. (3) Nottingham 61
(2) Henninger 57 def. (7) Liverpool 53
In Class A it was a very interesting game between Bishop Ludden and Jamesville-Dewitt.
J-D of course, has won Class A every year since 2008, playing for a state championship every one of those years.
Ludden, meanwhile, won a Class B New York State Championship last season.
When the two squads met up, Ludden prevailed 57-45 but not before a huge charge from the Red Rams.
"This was a very, very, dangerous game for us. You have the four time defending Class A champion coming in, they're a very proud program, they're not going to just roll over. You know, right now, we got away with one but we survive we advance" said Bishop Ludden Head Coach Pat Donnelly.
Here's a look at the rest of the boys scores from Tuesday night:
(1) Carthage 69 def. (8) Oneida 54
(4) New Hartford def. (5) Whitesboro 34
(3) Cortland 66 def. (6) Indian River 42
(2) Bishop Ludden 57 def. (7) J-D 45
(1) South Jefferson 70 def. (8) Bishop Grimes 63
(2) Westhill 72 def. (7) Utica Notre Dame 57
(4) Little Falls 68 def. (5) Cooperstown 54
(3) Thousand Islands 80 def. (6) Pulaski 65
(3) Faith Heritage 51 def. (6) Sackets Harbor 43
Here are the girls basketball scores that were called into CNY Central:
CN-S 80 Utica Proctor 23
Corcoran 50 RFA 36
CBA 65 F-M 45
J-D 50 Fulton 20
Oneida 39 Indian River 29
Carthage 61 ES-M 49
Whitesboro 67 Cortland 38
Cazenovia 47 Sherburne Earlville 45
Notre Dame 60 Westhill 40
Oriskany 53 Poland 32