Solid showing for Section 3 in state quarterfinal action

New York Mills advanced to their fourth final four in five years on Saturday

Several Section 3 schools battled to make it to the State Final Four on Saturday, with most coming out on top.

First in boys action, in Class AA, Utica Proctor made a late run, but Green Tech built up too big of a lead down the stretch, topling Proctor 53 to 43.

Bishop Ludden took on Scotia-Glenville in Class A, but did not have enough firepower without injured big man Jack Rauch, falling 72-44.

In Class B boys action, Westhill outlasted Norwich, 56-53 in overtime, avenging last season's loss. The Warriors play Ogdensburg Free Academy on Friday in Glens Falls at 8:30 p.m.

In Class C, Waterville beat Elmira-Notre Dame 61-55 to advance to the Class C semifinals. Waterville plays Hoosic Valley on Friday in Glens Falls. They'll tip off at 5 p.m.

In Class D, New York Mills dominated Charlotte Valley (Davenport) 55-38, advancing to their fourth Final Four in five season. They battle Moriah in Glens Falls on Friday at 11:45 a.m.

In girls Class AA action, C-NS won a tight one with Shenendehowa 54-53, getting back to the Final Four in the process. The Northstars play Baldwin at 8 p.m. on Friday at Hudson Valley Community College.

In Class A, the J-D girls finally punched their ticket to the Final Four, defeating a fiesty Averill Park team 56-53. The Red Rams take on Haborfields at 3:15 p.m. on Friday at Hudson Valley Community College.

In Class B, the Notre Dame girls beat Oneonta 50-44, and will play Tamarac at 10:45 a.m. Friday at Hudson Valley Community College.

In Class C, Little Falls battled and battled, but Harpursville was too much, ending Little Falls' season 53-46.

In Class D, the Hamilton girls beat Franklin Central 52-35. Hamilton takes on Fort Edward at 10:45 a.m. on Saturday at Hudson Valley Community College.

In hockey, Auburn High School had a 1-0 lead over Beekmantown going into the third period of the Division 2 State Semifinals. But, Beekmantown scored two goals in the third, ending Auburn's season 2-1.