School: University of Missouri
Allison Bybee joined CNY Central in March 2015 as an anchor for CBS5. She's been in television news for more than a decade.
Allison grew up in the suburbs of St. Louis, Missouri. She is a graduate of the University of Missouri's prestigious Broadcast Journalism program.
Allison started her journalism career at the University's NBC-owned station in Columbia, Missouri, KOMU. Next, she headed to WTAJ in Altoona, Pennsylvania where she worked in a bureau in State College. After that, she headed for sunny WPEC in West Palm Beach, Florida. In 2010, she headed back north to report and fill-in on the anchor desk at WBIR in Knoxville, Tennessee. She was most recently at News 12 Connecticut in Norwalk, CT.
Allison has received several awards from the East Tennessee Society of Professional Journalists and Tennessee Associated Press. She is also nominated for a 2015 New York Emmy for her work on a story about a children’s camp.
In her spare time, she loves rooting on the Yankees and the St. Louis Cardinals with her husband. Her husband grew up in Central New York and has taught her all about the Orange! She also is an active runner and travels whenever time permits!
• Memorable Story: Covering Tropical Storm Fay in 2008 in South Florida. I had never seen this type of flooding and the fear from a natural disaster.
• Dream Interview: Diane Sawyer
• Dream Job: This one!
• Role Model: My mother
• Why I'm a Journalist: I love to tell other people’s stories and get to the bottom of corruption and deceit.
• Astrological Sign: Gemini
• Favorite Sports Team: The St. Louis Cardinals
• Favorite Musician or Group: OAR
• Favorite TV Show: Nashville or The Walking Dead
• Favorite Food: Mashed potatoes
• Favorite Local Destination: Cayuga Lake