15-year-old severely burned by fireworks, officials say


    A 15-year-old boy was taken to Upstate University Hospital after being severely burned by fireworks.

    A 15-year-old boy was taken to Upstate University Hospital after being severely burned by fireworks, according to the Syracuse Fire Department.

    District Fire Chief Farewell said the fireworks appear to be store-bought.

    Fire investigators are on the scene, officials said.

    A 15-year-old boy was taken to Upstate University Hospital after being severely burned by fireworks.

    Farewell said he is unsure of exactly how the injury happened, but the boy is badly burned.

    This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

    News In Photos

      Loading ...