American Red Cross to honor local heroes
SYRACUSE, N.Y. —
The American Red Cross of Central New York will honor several people during its 20th annual Real Heroes Breakfast Wednesday morning.
The Red Cross said the ceremony recognizes people who have performed heroic acts in life-threatening situations. The ceremony will honor 20 people, including first responders and ordinary citizens who are responsible for saving lives. Others are being honored for a devotion to service in their communities.
The breakfast will be held at 7:30 a.m. at the Oncenter in Syracuse.
The 2018 Real Heroes are listed below:
- Michael Donlan, Jr.
- Nicholas Gross
- Sharie Pryce
- Ebony Pengel
- Dom Cambareri, Dee Perkins and Jennifer Savastino
- Tyler Hulchanski
- Lt. Roseanne Wood-Rautenstrauch and Firefighter William Sanborn
- Katheryn Dunn, Amanda DeFoe, Katharine Freeborn and Lindsay Watkins
- Sergeant James Farley and Deputy Michael Bradley
- Carter Kazmirski
- Cassandra Bradford
- Cindy Seymour and June Worden