MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Carbon monoxide leak forces some to evacuate Syracuse hotel, sends 5 to the hospital

Carbon monoxide leak prompts partial evacuation of Syracuse hotel, sends 5 to the hospital (CNYCentral Photo)

Carbon monoxide was detected in a Syracuse hotel Tuesday morning that prompted evacuations and sent a few people to the hospital.

According to Syracuse Deputy Fire Chief Barry Lasky, who was at the scene, crews were sent to the Genesee Grande Hotel around 8:30 a.m. for a carbon monoxide leak.

Lasky said the carbon monoxide detector went off on the building's first floor and the hotel manager went to investigate, thinking it was just an odor at first.

The manager then went to the carbon monoxide reader in the basement and called 911.

Officials said 19 occupied rooms at the hotel were evacuated, removing 25 people from the building.

Five people were taken to the hospital for evaluation because they had higher amounts of carbon monoxide detected in them.

National Grid is currently working to find the source of the leak.



close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending